Monday, September 28, 2009

My Virtual Realm


This banner is a representation of my virtual reality because my virtual world is all about creation. Without computers, I would not be an artist. The words in the background are representations of how I use computers to create art: through web design.


Taken from the Pink Floyd song, I used the reference of "the Machine" as the Internet. It's a relatively new form of expression in the art world, but it used often used as a mechanism of exploitation in a destructive means. The psychedelic background again references the Pink Floyd history and the "out-there" themes of both the song and the Internet.


This piece relates how I use computers and the Internet with the idea that the Web is a large vacuum of cyberspace. Email, GPS and maps, and web design are how I use computers as a resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment